Chris Tran is the Head Of Esports for Southeast Asia at Riot Games, He leads the Singapore-based team in the areas of business development, esports league operations, management of Riot’s relationship with Garena, League of Legends co-marketing, and more.
Chris is focused on developing Riot’s esports efforts in the region, which includes management of leagues that cover Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
Chris has been with Riot Games since 2016 and has spearheaded efforts including:
- Building Vietnam’s first esports stadium: GG Stadium in Ho Chi Minh City
- Delivering League of Legends Rift Rivals 2017 and 2018 in Vietnam
- Launching the Vietnam Championship Series (VCS)
- Integrating League of Legends into the Asian Games Qualifiers for Southeast Asia and South Asia
- Co-producing the 2019 League of Legends Mid-Season Invitational in Taipei and Vietnam
- Producing the 2017 and 2018 League of Legends Rift Rivals events in Vietnam
- Co-producing Hyperplay 2018: ASEAN’s first eSports and Music Festival celebrating Singapore’s chairmanship of ASEAN
Chris has over 20 years of experience in consulting and digital marketing, and has held leadership positions in the United Kingdom, United States, Switzerland, Canada, Thailand, and Vietnam. Before joining Riot, Chris helped lead the growth of the digital advertising ecosystem in Vietnam by pioneering advertising networks, DSPs and other leading-edge media platforms.
Chris is fluent in Vietnamese and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Biology (honors) from Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts.